Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week of 1/30-2/5/2011 Meal Plan


This week in our basket we got lots of good stuff. I was excite to see pummelos. They are a sweeter version of grapefruit. I don't eat grapefruit because it is to sour for me but pummelos are just right. We already ate one for breakfast. The carton of strawberries were half gone after an hour. My boys were on those things the minute they were on the table.
Well, the rest of the fruit is snacks and on to what I am doing with the veggies.
Sunday- We'll be having Broccoli Cauliflower Salad. I'll be making it in the morning so it will be ready when we get back from church. I needs to cool in the fridge for awhile to let all the flavor be absorbed. We'll be having fruit as our side.
Monday- We will be having this tuna casserole. I don't have all the veggies that were added but I figure I could substitute some broccoli or whatever. I do this often, if I don't have all the exact veggies I put in something my kids will eat and that I have. We'll probably have a small side salad with this.
Tuesday- We will be doing grilled pork and grilled asparagus. All that yummyness with a yummy cantaloupe and guests!
Wednesday- We will be going light with a tuna salad. This isn't a very filling meal so I'll probably be having some bread or we might make it a special night and actually have a dessert. Who knows, I'll have to surprise my boys!
Thursday- I haven't figured out what kind of meat or bean dish I would be having but I know I will be having roasted ricotta Roma tomatoes. It looks delicious! We'll also be having cucumber salad. Hopefully 2 sides might make up for some lack of having a real good main dish.
Friday- I think we'll be having chicken tonight but for sure I am going to be trying lemon balsamic asparagus. This looks really good and I am excited to try it.
Saturday- You know it, its Leftovers!! This last week the only leftovers we had was pasta because everything was so good it was eaten. Actually if there was any leftovers my husband snuck the last of it for lunch!
Enjoy this weeks. Hopefully I'll figure out what will go with those tomatoes before Thursday. If there's any suggestions do tell. I am also open for new ideas. Bon apetit!

1 comment:

  1. I love tomato, mozzerella and basil sandwiches. Yes we have sandwiches for dinner every wednesday because it is a long day for Mr. D and I.

    ReplyDelete