Saturday, January 29, 2011

Review of Last Week

Last Sunday's soup was okay. My husband liked it but I wasn't terribly fond of it. When putting milk into a crockpot your supposed to put it in towards the last of cooking so that it doesn't cause scalding. I didn't and had a little of it burned. You would think I'd learned from past experience but no and I'm sure I'll make this same mistake again.
Monday was my made up sweet and sour sauce with pineapple and chicken. This was absolutly delicious and I will definetly be making this again. Thanks to this blog I will remember how I altered the recipe. Along with this we had some fried kale which was a disappointment. Don't know how I could have improved the kale but it just seemed to lack flavor.
This picture is the sweet and sour pineapple and chicken.


Wednesday we did the scrambled eggs with roasted asparagus. I loved the asparagus and it seemed to go well with the eggs too. We also had a fruit salad with this that made it a bit more filling. I would recommend doing this one again.

Thursday I couldn't find the fermented black beans so I just added a little extra soy sauce and served this over rice. It was DeYummy (as my 3 year old says). I will be adding this to my aspargus possibilities.

Hope this gives others ideas. If you had success with this or altered a recipe also do tell. I love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment