Saturday, January 22, 2011

Review of last week

I thought I would put down some of my thoughts of a few of the recipes.
We already established the butternut squash soup was not a hit. The chickpeas are what got my husband. He doesn't like beans, funny cause I love beans!
On to the Stuffed Night (as we called it). The stuffed peppers were given one slight alteration. Nisha, the lady who writes Healthy Mom's Kitchen, commented on my post and said they were making it casserole style. Which let me tell you, was soooo much easier. You just cut the peppers in half and lay them open side up, then dish out the mixture on top. This recipe was a hit and it was so much easier than the last time I made it. I think I will be doing this one again but casserole style. Along with this we had the stuffed butternut squash. There was not enough of this. I can't believe I only had enough squash to half this recipe. I wish I had done all my butternut squashes from last week like this. It was as mouth watering as it sounded. And it was gone in less than 5 minutes.

On to the french toast pears. We actually had this for breakfast this morning. Between getting sick and dad being out of town our menu was all out of wack. But I really wanted to try this recipe in hope that I would find another way to eat pears. Unfortunately it was a flop. Actually the kids ate all of it but after I fixed it. After it came out of the oven I realized the bread was still soggy and had never got "toasted", which is why I like "french toast". So I stuck it back in the oven under the broiler for 2 minutes. That helped one side at least. The pears were still a little tough, I like my soft. Over all we will not be making this again. Actually I made a trade with my neighbor, her lettuce for my pears. Not really even, because I had more than a bag full of pears due to more today, but at least I know her family loves them and they will not be wasted.

Tonight we had our bbq. And ohhh how those grilled asparagus tasted soo good. It has been a while but me and asparagus got reacquainted. I was happy to see that we even got more in our basket today. I'll post more tomorrow morning on what I am to do with them.

I am off to bed. If there is anything I have learned about being the mother to boys it is that sleep is essential. It is one of the major building blocks of patience which is the most important thing about being a mother. So, tomorrow there will be pics and some recipes.

1 comment: