Sunday, January 9, 2011

Why I am starting this Blog

Hello everyone out there. I have been debating starting this blog for quit a while. I am not an amazing cook so if that is what you are looking for, keep looking! My goal with this blog and in my home is to learn to feed my house of boys. I have 3 boys and a husband. I plan on having at least one more kid and am sure I'll have another boy, they are fun!
So the point of this blog is to share recipes and help others with a growing family learn to make feasts every night for those growing boys.
One thing you must know about me is that I am a planner and definetly a "Be prepared" kind of person. So I am learning how to feed my family now as if my boys were teenagers but they are only toddlers. I don't want to wait to figure this out. We end up with a lot of leftovers since they don't eat as much now but eventually they will and I will be prepared. I also like to meal plan for the week. Every Saturday I go and pick up a basket full of fruit and vegetables from a food co-op. (If you want to find out more about them they are at www.bountifulbaskets.org). I then meal plan for the rest of the week so that I use up all the food that week. That way we are eating healthy and not wasting food.
I plan on trying to share my meal plans for the weak, where I get my recipes from and if I alter the recipes showing you how. I alter recipes quit often since I hardly ever have everything in the house cause who really does!
So here's to a new blog and new goals.
Oh and my new years resolution is portion control because some of the food I make is so delicious I eat way to much!

No comments:

Post a Comment